Who are we?
This is a website of the company: BLC Language Courses BV, Landstraat 190, 1401 ET, Bussum, The Netherlands; contact: email@example.com. Chamber of commerce registration: 71196846.
What is this document about?
This document describes which data is collected on this website, how, why, and what we’ll do with it.
Which data do we ask from you on the website?
All parts of the website are accessible without the need to leave your contact details.
On the following forms of the website we ask for your personal details:
- Course Price calculation -> general price information is publicly accessible on the program/courses section of the website. However, if you are interested in a specific course on a specific date, you can request a price calculation (quotation). This price calculation is sent by e-mail. After sending our initial price calculation, we may send a reminder after some time to ask if you still are interested to join the course. Unless you opt-in for your newsletter, you won’t receive further e-mails from us.
- Level determination test -> to provide you with an indication of the right group course, we have a level determination test on the website. The results of the level determination test are sent by e-mail. We store the test results to be able to advice you about the right level in case you approach us for advice. Unless you opt-in for our newsletter, you won’t receive other e-mails from related to the level test.
- Course booking -> When you book a course with us, we ask for your personal details in accordance with the requirements of the law. The details are shared with: our accountant, our accommodation providers (in case you book a course with accommodation). We store billing information as long as required by tax authorities. Current legislation requires 7 years of storage. We will delete/anonymise billing information after 7 years unless regulations change.
- Newsletter subscription -> Read more below.
Website visitors can subscribe to our newsletter. We send our newsletter occasionally (about 5-10 times per year) to inform you about topics like:
- Dates / prices when we open subscription of the new season
- Updates on availability (related to typical peak season periods)
- Experiences of students (pictures, blogs, reviews)
- Special offers / announcement of early bird booking periods/deadlines
- Other information/news related to our language courses
- we have closed a Data Processing Agreement with Mailchimp.
- Mailchimp tracks activity (such as: is e-mail opened, are links clicked etc). This helps us to identify inactive members of our mailing list (to remove them from the list).
- We use the double-optin function: which means that you need to confirm the e-mail that we send to you after you completed your name and e-mail on the website to subscribe to the e-mail newsletter. If you don’t click on the link in the confirmation e-mail, you won’t be subscribed to the list.
- We submit booking information to our mailing list, in order to block promotional e-mails to be sent to people who already booked a course.
- to access your data stored in the the mailing list:
- click the link in the footer of the e-mail newsletter to access your data information/settings
- to unsubscribe: click the ‘unsubscribe link’ in the footer of every e-mail newsletter
The website shows a popup message the first time you enter the website:
– and the option to accept or decline cookies.
You can change your initial choice later using the ‘reset cookie consent’ button in the footer of the page.
Which cookies do we use?
This website uses social media buttons (Facebook, Google+, Twitter and other social networks). When someone likes/shares our content, your information is submitted to these social platforms.
As mentioned above, we use a popup feature (Retyp LLC d/b/a OptinMonster) to encourage people subscribe to our e-mail newsletter. This popup usually is shown when a person is abandoning the page (so called: exit-intent popups). Cookies are stored to prevent the popup showing every time you visit the website, and show up on every page.
Good to know: you can also edit cookie settings in your browser.
We acknowledge the privacy of Children and we encourage parents and others in charge of the children to play an active role in the online activities and interests of Children. Children younger than 13 years, or 16 years in case the children are inside the European Union, can not use or try to use our services. In case we find out that personal information was collected about a child, we will delete this information. Parents who find out that this website has collected information about a child can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to delete this information.
Who else has access to personal data?
If you make a purchase on this website, order date will be sent to Rabobank through their Omnikassa payment platform. Our website does not ask for credit card details – these details you input directly in Rabobank’s safe payments environment.